T.E.A.M. Jesus Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1990 by Rick Willison. The sole purpose behind this non-profit ministry is to Tell Everyone About My Jesus (thus the name T.E.A.M. Jesus). The avenue for doing this has been through sponsorship of sports teams, seminars and conferences, retreats, camps, mission trips, school assemblies, street evangelism, and Gospel outreaches. This is a faith missions organization that produces evangelistic and educational programs and seminars. Our purpose is to reach the lost, challenge the convinced and equip the committed.
What We Believe
- We Believe in sola Scriptura, that is, Scripture is the sole infallible rule of faith for the church. Scripture is sufficient above all things, hence the ultimate authority and starting point for theology (2 Tim. 3:16-17 & 2 Pet. 3:16).
- We Believe that Jesus Christ is the Eternal God, Creator of all things. He is of the same substance (homoousios) as the Father. The Word became (egeneto) flesh. “Perfect in Godhead and also Perfect in manhood; very God and very man (Chalcedonian Creed) (John. 1:1; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:3).
- We Believe the historical doctrine of the Trinity as delineated in the Athanasian Creed: “We worship one God in trinity, and trinity in unity, neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance…” One Eternal God revealed in three distinct Persons (Mat. 28:19; Heb. 1:3).
- We Believe the Holy Spirit empowers the church for works of service (Acts. 1:8).
- We Believe in Original sin, which is the result of the first sin in the Garden. The unregenerate man is dead, morally corrupt, incapable of saving himself (Rom. 8:18-24; Eph. 2:1-10).
- We Believe in the Atonement by means of one sacrifice on the cross. Jesus died in our place paying the penalty of sin (Rom. 8:32; Heb. 10:11).
- We Believe that Jesus Christ was physically resurrected (1 Cor. 15:3).
- We Believe God saves infallibly. Salvation is solely by grace alone through faith alone. Man can only be regenerated by the Holy Spirit. He can never merit or add to his justification. Christians are credited as righteous through faith alone. They are completely justified in Christ Jesus. Works are the fruit of Salvation (John. 6:37-44; Rom. 4:1-8;5:1; Eph. 2:8).
- We Believe in a literal Hell (Mat. 25:45; Rev. 14:10&11).
- We Believe the church will be raptured to be with the Lord forever (1 Thes. 4:14-18).